Superstar Paula Abdul keeps her bones strong and healthy with her calcium-packed smoothie, Paula's Potion for Motion. Add it to your diet to help protect yourself from ostreoporosis and osteopenia.
• 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
– Green yogurt contains 20 percent of your recommended daily calcium intake and is high in protein, which both help fight against osteoporosis.
• 1 cup almond milk
– Calcium occurs naturally in almond milk.
• ½ cup dried dates
– Studies show consuming dried dates or plums can lower your risk for osteoporosis.
• 1 cup blackberries
– This calcium-rich fruit is also high in antioxidants.
• 1 banana
– Bananas help the body absorb calcium and other nutrients.
• 1 cup kale
– This leafy green is one of the best resources for calcium you can find.
• 1 tsp of ground egg shells
– Contains 800 mg of calcium, 90 percent of which will be absorbed by the body.
Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend to desired consistency, serve and enjoy!
Enjoy Paula's Potion for Motion outside in the sunshine for an extra shot of Vitamin D.
For more information about the products mentioned on this show, please go to Related Resources
Sign Up for the Newsletter| Show Page |Talk about the Show | Join The Doctors Social Network
Allergies | Anti-Aging | Cosmetic Surgery | Fitness & Weight Loss
Parenting | Pregnancy | Recipes | Safety | Sex