Belly fat is the biggest risk to your health, your life and your bank account! Learn how to turn your fat belly into a flat belly!
"Belly fat is the most dangerous type of fat," E.R. physician Dr. Travis Stork says. "But I have good news: Belly fat is the easiest fat to lose!"
Dr. Travis shares tips for a flatter belly in five days … flat!
• Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water per day to flush out excess water weight.
• Stop eating three to four hours before bedtime.
• Eat a palm-sized portion of lean protein three times a day, with all the vegetables you can eat.
• Get more tips for a flat belly with Dr. Travis’ Lean Belly Prescription.
Lose with Booze
Responsibly enjoying an adult beverage or two is often fine in moderation. However, cocktails can pack a punch when it comes to calories. Belly up to The Doctors' Lounge for drinks that are flat-belly friendly and good for your overall health.
Dr. Travis' Lean Belly Shot
1 oz. Gin
3 oz. club soda
5 mint leaves, muddled
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
Mix in a cocktail shaker and serve!
• Download the recipe!
Beer guts are caused by consuming excess empty calories that don't properly satisfy hunger, which leads to over eating. A typical beer has 150 calories and drinking several in one sitting will load up on calories fast. Alcohol has also been known to increase appetite, leading to what may be unnecessary eating.
Three Tips to Reducing a Beer Belly:
• Move more
• Eat less
• Everything in moderation
Burn Calories without the Sweat
Whether you're busy with a family or a new job, it's often difficult to find time to exercise. But, by using non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT), you can easily burn calories without hitting the gym.
• Walk to a co-worker rather than sending e-mail
• Stand up when taking phone calls
• Park further away from your destination
• Balance on one leg while brushing your teeth
• Stand up and wash dishes by hand, rather than in the dishwasher
"Those calories, believe it or not, amazingly, add up over time," Dr. Travis says.
Brittany, an associate producer for The Doctors, put NEAT to the test. See her incredible results!