Movie Medical Advice
The way characters handle medical situations in movies may be entertaining … but it’s not always right. The Doctors re-enact popular movie scenes, and demonstrate what the actor should have done, and explain how their actions could put their health at risk.
Plastic surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon demonstrates the BYR system, a color-coded wound classification utilized by doctors and nurses to assess healthy healing from infection and disease.
• Learn about the PICO negative pressure wound therapy, used to prevent infections and improve healing.
• How to stop a cut from bleeding.
• Does your cut need stitches?
• First-aid for a lacerated artery.
• How to fashion an emergency tourniquet.
• Is it harmful to lick a wound?