• The key is to trap the rat, rather than chase it.
• Snap traps work better than glue.
• Rats can’t resist crunchy peanut butter. Put a smear on the trap trigger (but keep your fingers clear!).
• Place the trap with the trigger side near a wall – rats are so fast they can dart in and out before the trap snaps if they have a clear path to escape.
• But best of all, keep rats from getting inside in the first place! Block any holes giving access to the interior of your home from outside.
• Rats can squeeze through an opening the size of a quarter, so look for even small cracks and holes.